Thursday, February 07, 2008

what to do about forwards.

i don't know why i thought the whole email forward thing was a teen fad, and that once i was an 'adult' in the 'real world' that my inbox would stop getting clogged with these things. no. in the past hour i've received three.

and its not like i don't care about the potential new computer virus, the little girl with cancer or the child who has been missing since 2006 - its just that i do not for one second believe that me passing along a message about it to everyone i've ever known is going to do ANYTHING about it.

am i wrong in thinking this? just being my cynical, bitchy self? and if not, why the hell am i surrounded by so many people who can't see it the same way? i love one of my aunts dearly, but if i get one more of these inane emails passed along from her i'm going to be forced to block her email address.


4 comments:

P H said...

my dad does these sometimes too. Everytime he does I go to Snopes.com and find the very e-mail he's forwarding, read about how it's all B.S., then forward THAT to everyone on the list.

Not really sure if that's helping or hurting the forwarding scurge, but it's funny to embarrass my dad publicly.

soulspeak23 said...

my mom is guilty of this too. and then gets offended when she doesn't get them back. it would be an endless circle if I actually sent them back.

inthemiddle said...

my favorite are the ones that say FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW...i so love being in the loop!

missyandchrissy said...

whew! thank you guys - you made me feel much better about this, knowing i'm not the only one seething while family members FW:FW:FW: their brains out.