and while being apt-ridden the past two days during crappy rainy february may kinda sound like fun, believe me, it was not. our internet decided to cease working and due to throat pain/the fact that i sound pretty much just like patty or selma from the simpsons (you can choose), chatting on the phone wasn't an option either. and so left with little ability to interact with the outside world, and with feeling like absolute crap, and with just being generally frustrated with a varied mix of people/places/things in my life, i threw about 19 temper tantrums in the past 36 hours. its been a blast.
but, as the universe is wont to balance itself out, there have been a few bits of wonderfulness from the past few days...
- slathering bananas in nutella when missy wasn't home to yell at me for eating bananas in the apartment
- puppy bowl IV (and the kitty half time show too!)
- the occasional small-town charm of dive-y Staten Island bars, and the old men that frequent them
- learning to like soup
- the last few chapters of the united states of arugula
- brand new pajamas that i need to wait until its warm out to wear
- eddie izzard tickets!
*really, i wasn't expecting much at all from this movie and it was just lovely.