Friday, August 24, 2007

full circle.

forgive me for being a slacker this week, its been an exceptionally busy one. its ironic that i manage to find an awesome new apartment that i just want to sit in, all the time, and then fall into an especially busy social period, so i wind up spending no time in it at all.

so, in a rather amazing coincidence, not one, but THREE things i've mentioned in recent months came back to haunt me today (and its only the early afternoon) :

1. as i walked to the train this morning, there idled a small commercial van. outside the back of the van was a cardboard box containing ice...and fish heads.

really. i couldn't make this stuff up. while wondering about the usage of cardboard and, again, conditions that i believe the USDA would not consider sanitary, i also prayed that maybe a horror movie is filming in a nearby building and that would explain all the miscellaneous early morning animal parts. if not, i might rethink all the dinnering we do in our local establishments.

2. my office mate, the mutant fly, has returned. and this time he's brought an equally monstrous friend.

i've resorted to playing music to drown out the racket they are making as they buzz through my blinds. i will also be adding "purchase massive fly swatter" to my weekend to-do list, as i just had to use Kleenex as weaponry when throwing my tissue box at the blinds. which made an even louder racket. i really am thankful for the fact that no one was passing by my office to witness my (slight) freak-out. but the flies are actually making me nuts - another hour and i see myself tearing the blinds off the windows, wildly waving files, and flinging office supplies in attempted insect murder.

3. the kicker - about an hour ago, the back of my chair fell off. the comedy gods must be off today, as i happened to be leaning forward when it happened and thereby escaped a tumble to the floor.

on a positive note, i finally figured out where that "extra" knob goes.

5 comments:

Tim said...

You should get a venus fly trap. I've been thinking about getting one just for practical purposes, but also because they look cool.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had two massive spiders in my house this week. They soon felt the wrath of my shoe, let me tell you!

Chuckles said...

I live with a massive spider, but he stays in his terrarium.

The chair thing is funny. JUSTICE!!!

missyandchrissy said...

what if i keep a venus fly trap AND a massive spider in my office - do we think together they could keep the mutant flies away?

Chuckles said...

Yeah, but you would have to feed the spider some hobbitses to keep it from eating you.

My idea of a massive spider might be different from yours.

missyandchrissy said...

i was picturing the one from the end of the book/movie IT...

not like he would even fit in my office.