Friday, September 22, 2006

making the dentist proud.

having agonized all week long over which dental plan to opt for with my new insurance, and finally half-heartedly deciding on spending more money to stay with my old plan and dentist, i was quite pleased to have had a moment of divine intervention today that assured me i made the right decision.

as i was waiting on the subway platform, rocking out to some new tunes, i suddenly realized that someone was invading my 3 feet of personal space. i turned slightly to my left to see what the problem was and saw this relatively normal looking man, staring at me and apparently speaking to me. i took off my headphones (the things i wear to prevent people from speaking to me), and figuring he was asking me directions (seriously, i get stopped for directions about twice a day. something about me clearly screams "tourist information center".) asked him where he needed to go. he looked at me strangely and said "i said, can i give you a compliment?" so of course having never before been asked if i would allow a compliment - don't most men just shout them at you while you walk on by, whether you like them or not? - my brain didnt compute the sentence and i said "what?" and he repeated the question. so i said "um, sure. thanks" and he told me how attractive he thought i was. i smiled and thanked him and he then said "oh my god, and you have such great teeth."

my teeth elicited an oh my god. thank goodness i'm sticking with my dentist.


No comments: