Thursday, August 24, 2006

the thursday morning mountain lion report.

I’m starting to think we should have named this blog “animal news”…what can I say, it interests me more than warfare. so the latest. did we all hear about the mountain lion who invaded a home in Colorado? crazy. He just burst through the screen door and into some guy’s house. Now, as strange as that sounds, the oddest part of the whole story is that he stayed inside the house for an hour, whilst the owner and authorities waited outside. Not that I would necessarily want to barge into a house and tussle with a predatory cat, but what was the point of calling the authorities if they were just going to stand around outside, doing nothing. “gee, deputy dave, I wonder what that lion is up to inside?”

Which brings me to the most exciting part of the story – what was the mountain lion doing inside for a whole hour? we’ll never know, but i bet he was lounging in a recliner, paws up, watching Animal Planet.

4 comments:

P H said...

you know what he was watching? Ellen--she's a light-hearted comedian with charm and integrity, which I think any mountain lion can appreciate.

Anonymous said...

if i were a mountain lion i would EAT ellen.

Chuckles said...

I think he was watching Elimidate.

Everybody LOVES that show.

Tim said...

Maybe he was taking a bath surrounded by scented candles while listening to soothing music. Living in a forest can be *SO* tough on one's fur...