we happened upon the show I Was Bitten on the Discovery Channel the other night, and although it wasn't something for the squeamish (i.e., us) it was highly fascinating. some sort of venomous serpent bit this one guy right in the stomach, and the venom wound up making this giant hole right under his bellybutton. you could see in to his intestine! we watched, entranced, with our hands over our eyes.
so speaking of venomous animals, take a look at this little guy - ADORABLE. i want to write a children's book about him. and cuddle with him. and dress him up in a little bonnet or top hat, and show him off to my guests at a dinner party.