Thursday, January 03, 2008

new year, same old me.

in early december, a coworker offered me an extra 2008 day-planner, and although i've never been the planner-carrying type* i accepted it. it sat on my desk for a few hours before i decided that maybe i would give this planner thing a shot. if anything, it could help me be even MORE organized than before. so i filled in a couple of notable dates in january. and then tossed it in my desk drawer. where it is currently still sitting.

in mid-december, i got my hair cut and upon paying received a gift of two hairbrushes** and a pocket-sized planner from my stylist. that planner is sitting in one of my bags. blank.

this morning, in my inbox, i found a snazzy company-sanctioned daily planner, and i am now officially off the planner bandwagon (again) due to the overkill. so what the heck am i supposed to do with all of them now??


*those of you who know me pretty well are most certainly saying "YES! yes chrissy, you are the planner-carrying type." and yes, i like planning, and i am always on top of my schedule, and upcoming birthdays and i even like calendars, however, i just hate feeling like some little book that i'm carrying around everywhere is dictating my life; riding around in my bag, bossing me around. and so i prefer wall calendars. i can glance at them for reference, but they can't follow me around.

**she was giving a brush + planner to all her clients, but i received two because she knows that missy and i don't own any brushes*** and thought we could each use one.

***some people think that's weird. but i never thought i needed anything more than a comb. and missy and Bear just don't brush. we're so low-maintenance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

P H said...

is that a footnote to your footnote? brilliant.

soulspeak23 said...

I too have never used a planner before and also got a very nice leather one from my company. I plan to use it to remember the past,by recording events as they happen to me, rather than plan the future.
I have difficuluty remembering things in my old age.

Tim said...

That's a lot of planners!

I say: bin the lot, and completely wing the entire year!

Anonymous said...

inna italy, we cooka the planner in the red sauce and serva with the prosciutto! ciao the chrissy & missy!

missyandchrissy said...

PH - hah, thanks! i decree 2008 the year of the footnote.

ss23 - i like that idea, of using it more as a record than a planner. i don't have a fancy leather one, put maybe my slightly snazzy paper company one can serve the same purpose...

tim - i'm with you - i'm winging this year. xmas in march, st. patrick's day in sept...its going to be wild!

fake crescenet - you are hilarious.