Friday, January 04, 2008

friday justifications.

whenever i start feeling like a bad person for being a workplace slacker, i guess i should just go and take a stroll around the office, and see what my peers are up to.

i just did so, and found a coworker sitting on the radiator in our kitchen, on her cell phone, completely engrossed in a conversation about her recent vacation. and not just a quick bit about the weather or that it was nice - she was at the point of the conversation where she was giving a detailed minute-by-minute description of how she did during a surfing lesson.

i feel so much better now.

5 comments:

Tim said...

My week's been a bit like that. At one point I felt guilty for about 30 seconds, then I remembered how I'd worked my arse off last year, and had actually accomplished a fair bit in the three days since I've been back.

P H said...

i was gonna guess, but then re-read "detailed minute-by-minute description" and knew immediately.

missyandchrissy said...

tim - i think all that hard work last year allows you some slacking off time this year.

ph - i figured you'd have guessed it. miss it here yet??

inthemiddle said...

whooizit?

missyandchrissy said...

name rhymes with "amy got a perm".