Wednesday, November 07, 2007

oh, hello!

it was brought to my attention today that a belgian waffle (spelled the authentic way of "wafel", but as i'm only a stupid american, i can continue to spell it the waffle house way) truck is making its way around nyc. excitement!

mmm.

i do apologize that this little PSA only affects the 1/4 of our readers who are located here in the city, but i wanted to make sure that the both of you were aware of this little yellow waffle-scented gem making its way around our streets. and honestly, if i ran the world, there would be waffle trucks in every city. one for every single one of the earth's inhabitants, even.

12 comments:

Tim said...

I demand waffles! Or Wafels!

Whatever! I demand them!!

soulspeak23 said...

this is so much cooler than that damn french crepe stand guy down the block from me!! I'll be on the lookout.
Have you ever had chicken and waffles?

P H said...

your wafel truck and my pankake bus. let's make delicious maple-scented breakfast moolah.

missyandchrissy said...

tim - when i find the truck i'll tell him to speed on over to your neighborhood!

ss23 - i'm a little bored with crepes myself...waffles contain more batter!

i've never had chicken + waffles, but i've always wanted to try. do you recommend?

ph - what pancake bus?!

Chuckles said...

Chicken and waffles, the authentic southern experience that was invented in LA or something.

As seen in Tapes Heads starring John Cusak and Tim Robbins.

P H said...

what i'm saying is that if i had a breakfast-themed mode of mass transportation, it would be a pancake bus. or a hash brown street car. or an eggs benedict elevated train. there are so many delectable possibilities.

missyandchrissy said...

i've never watched TapeHeads... yet another movie that all my peers have probably seen, yet i managed to miss it.

ew, i would NEVER take the eggs benedict elevated train.

P H said...

i had a feeling you'd hate one of those. breakfast is a magical place, i don't see what you have against it.

missyandchrissy said...

i'm not anti breakfast! i'm anti hollandaise sauce.

Chuckles said...

I

I

I don't know what to say, missy&chrissy.

I ... WE WERE NOT MEANT TO BE.

*SOBS*

missyandchrissy said...

no hollandaise is a dealbreaker??

P H said...

uh oh...looks like that elevated train stopped in all the right places you never knew about...