Wednesday, January 24, 2007

rock candy. and winking.

one of my friends gave me a bunch of cool home fragrance presents for christmas. since my apt naturally smells like joy and wonderfulness with missy and i residing there, i decided to bring some of the items into work so their tranquil scents can saturate my office air, opening my mind, freeing my soul, and allowing me to write fantastic press releases.

hah. so, i set up the cute little bowl of scented beige stones on my desk, thought it looked sort of zen-like and pretty, was pleased that my office no longer smells like radiator, and got to work.

a little while later, sixpants comes to visit me. while playing with my awesome pseudo-penguin stapler, he notices my bowl of stones and asks me if it was candy. being the sweetheart i am i said "no, those are rocks.", even though a second later i realized it would have been insanely entertaining to have said yes. on further inspection we discovered the rocks sort of smell like mint, and being beige and sort of tooth-shaped, they totally resemble those mints you can take when leaving the diner.

i SO cannot wait for someone to come in my office and eat rocks.

---------------

in further office entertainment, today we had a training class for the new phone system we're having installed. whenever we made mock phone calls to each other on the phones the 'trainer' leading the course would say how the flashing light signaling an incoming call was 'winking'. winking? is winking telecommunications speak for the word 'blinking'? i love it.




2 comments:

jt said...

Happy blog birthday today! I found your blog via Sparky, and I've been enjoying reading your blog, including some of your older posts... very entertaining!... And I noticed today was the 1 year anniversary of the start of love and cyanide... so I'd suggest a celebration! And then a very funny blog post all about it...
~Julie

missyandchrissy said...

thanks so much, julie!

for being the first (only?) person to wish us happy blogday you are our favorite reader of the week -- welcome aboard!