Thursday, August 03, 2006

hiss.

it's always nice to go in your bag and look at your cell phone and see that you have a message. you get that nice warm feeling of hey-i'm-loved-and-someone-wants-to-talk-to-me, blended with a bit of the excitement of ooh-who-can-it-be?

so imagine my surprise when i dialed my voicemail, heard the monotone voicemail robot woman telling me i had 1 new message, and then suddenly samuel l. jackson was bellowing in my ear that i had to get to a theater and see 'snakes on a plane' this weekend.

it was by far the most unexpected voicemail i've ever received. there's some celebrities i suppose i can envision calling me. sammy j. isn't one of them. nevertheless, the ridiculous message was the best minute-and-a-half of my day. the highlights - and i quote -

"go get your homeboy and go see snakes on a plane"

and

"
it's the big nasty blockbuster that will take a bite outta your butt".

yes, it was complete aural insanity. i felt like brett in pulp fiction (though unfortunately sans big kahuna burger). you know, i had no intention of seeing SOAP after it was hyped to all hell over the internet earlier this year (plus i hate - HATE - snakes and can barely watch them onscreen without my skin crawling), but if there is anything that will get my ass in a seat at the nearest loews, it's definitely sammy j. leaving me threatening voicemails.


2 comments:

Chuckles said...

I think someone has to sign you up to receive these voice mails. I bet Bear did it.

missyandchrissy said...

indeed - i was signed up to receive the voicemail... bear confessed upon reading this and realizing he'd been caught red-handed (err, pawed).