Wednesday, November 04, 2009

united states postal stalkers?

the following exchange took place outside my house this afternoon:

scene: my father is on our property, fixing our front porch. the mailman shows up. they exchange mundane small talk, and mailman hands my father today's mail.

mailman: oh, hey, does the garbage in this neighborhood get picked up on tuesday?

father: yes. (probably makes strange face at strange question)

mailman: oh ok. thanks - i know you're retired from the sanitation department, so i figured you would know. (turns to exit through gate)

father: (pauses. thinks.) hey. how did you remember i worked for sanitation? i don't remember us talking about it, and if we did it had to have been awhile ago.

mailman: oh, i deliver your mail. i know everything about everyone!


what a creep!


2 comments:

Tim said...

Blimey! I would've called him a weirdo and hit him with something!

missyandchrissy said...

ha! i'll break out the weaponry when the weirdo starts reciting my credit card information to me!