Thursday, April 09, 2009

day 103.

another snapshot for the recession - back in my old life, if you were to see me post-hair dye session, i'd be breezing out of a salon, happily sated with useless knowledge from the gossip magazines i had spent the past hour reading whilst relaxing comfortably in a leather chair while my awesome hairdresser neatly applied chemicals atop my scalp to hide all my prematurely gray hair.

scene from earlier today, post hair dye session:


i've mentioned before how missy and i would cause havoc dyeing each other's hair - little did i know how much MORE chaotic things would be when i attempted doing it myself. never, ever, again. unless i cut my hair super short and grow five other arms.

i cut the messy portion of the tub out of the photo, as it looked like i had murdered someone in it, but i'm sure you can envision the situation from that filthy lump that used to be a clean towel. and please note my watering can - the log-thing next to the 'fill cup' for my steam cleaner (ed. note: WHY DO WE NOT HAVE ANY PLASTIC CUPS SUITABLE FOR RINSING PERMANENT DYE AND THEN BEING DISPOSTED OF IN THIS APARTMENT) - and remember this advice for the next time you find yourself in a similar hair dyeing situation: a watering can is only a useful tool in theory.


2 comments:

Tim said...

Crikey, what a mess! The only time I got anywhere near this sort of thing was when I went through a phase of bleaching my hair. But bleach is OK, because, y'know, it just bleaches stuff!

missyandchrissy said...

you're right - my white tub probably would have appreciated the bleach over the maroon dye! although i imagine i still would have ruined the bathmat. whoops.