Monday, March 30, 2009

day 95.


i've been called 'sassy' a few times before, so i wonder what exactly it is about this lettuce that makes it so sassy.

******

in a side note regarding the supermarket, my latest gripe is that the cashiers, or at least the cashiers at our local key food, just don't understand the concept of reusable bags. i don't carry my own bag because i want to bag my own groceries. i carry them because they hold more and are easier to manage, lugging everything home on my shoulder, than in my hands in a pile of small bags.and of course for unselfish reasons, they are good for the environment.

so i find it rather unfair that the minute i pull out my bags and put them on the counter, the cashier automatically thinks his/her job is done and they don't have to bag up my items while i pay for them, and instead they turn and chat with their buddy at the next register. or just stare into space, as the woman did earlier today. when i refuse your plastic bags, i am not absolving you from bagging my purchases.

ugh, lazy people.


5 comments:

Chuckles said...

My local foodie mart has removed any possible aggravation of this sort by removing two checkout lines and installing five self checkout lines. Unfortunately, the self checkout machines refuse to operate if you place your reusable canvas bag in the bagging area. This is not exactly ideal.

Chuckles said...

Day 99 of what?

missyandchrissy said...

i agree about the self-checkout - my supermarket installed them as well, but i find they are usually more troublesome than the actual employees.

or maybe i'm just a bad scanner.

it's day 95 of unemployment. nothing exciting, unfortunately!

Tim said...

You should get sassy with the cashier!

missyandchrissy said...

tim - ooh, good one! next time i will!