Thursday, March 05, 2009

day 77.


i spent part of my afternoon today (well, yesterday. i'm constantly behind now with this little project of mine....i blame it on my lack of a camera on my phone) at the good old Department of Motor Vehicles, renewing my license.

i am quite sad - i'm pretty certain entirely too sad, considering this is just a laminated ID card - to see the old one go. its been through a lot with me during these past ten years. and it seems totally insane that it was ready to expire already - i can remember sitting there, at the age of 19, carefree and tan*, thinking to myself, "ew, i'm going to be TWENTY NINE the next time i have to get a new one of these**". and here i am, at the brink of 2-9, with my cruddy old license expiring. where do the decades go.


*i was wise enough back then to take my license photo AFTER i came home from spring break, in the attempts of having color in my face so i wouldn't look like a ghost on my ID. no such luck this time around.

**i suppose quite similar to me now, noticing that my new card will expire in '17, proclaiming "ugh, i am going to be THIRTY SEVEN".



2 comments:

Tim said...

I've been wondering that recently. I actually still think of myself as being about 18, then I find myself mocking some teenagers and realise I'm 31.

missyandchrissy said...

exactly...some days i think i can't possibly be any older than 18.

but then a lot of the time i still feel like i'm 12, which is totally ridiculous (but true!)