Wednesday, December 10, 2008

guess everyone really is cutting back.

this evening after a dinner out in our neighborhood, a friend and i decided to cap off our night with fake champagne and ice cream at my apartment. in need of the ice cream portion of that plan, we stopped off in our nearby 7-11. after solving that age-old dilemma - americone dream or phish food* - i paid for the ice cream. upon receiving my change, ice cream container sitting on the counter, i looked to the cashier to place it in a bag. she stared back at me, not making any sort of move towards a transporting vessel for my purchase. a mini stare-down ensued.

finally, she looked away and started fiddling with the register. and so i walked out of the store, somewhat thief-like, with the pint in my hand. i stuck it in my purse for the remainder of the walk home (which frankly, i think made it melt faster. argh.)

has 7-11 really ceased giving bags for small purchases?? i really didn't think a store that wasted so much paper and plastic on stupid syrupy ice drinks would try to be so environmentally conscious.


*americone dream
won, as we discovered that neither of us, while highly enjoying the taste of phish food, are fans of having mini chocolate fish in our ice cream. this is why bovinity divinity - which possessed mini chocolate cows - was, in my opinion, the greatest ice cream ever. which is why i even took the time to write an email to ben & jerry's when they discontinued it. unfortunately my voice went unherd.

hee.




2 comments:

Tim said...

Unherd.

Awesome!

Now I want ice cream. And chocolate cows - which aren't even available any more!

Arrrgh!

missyandchrissy said...

it's been suggested that i start making my own mini chocolate cows while i have the time to. if i can figure out how to do this, i'll ship some over!