Friday, November 14, 2008

moving along.

we usually don't write about serious stuff here, but

i got laid off today.

and i'm not writing this for sympathy, more so that i need to express how it just feels so strange. that i was roaming midtown at 4pm on a friday and didn't have a desk to be sitting at; that the work email that i've known for the past two years is now currently nonexistent; that i can sleep until noon on monday and no one will give a crap.

it's surreal. i've gone through the motions of a usual friday night out with friends - extra wonderful supportive thoughtful friends - but haven't been feeling at all like myself. which is to be expected but sort of disconcerting, as i always said that i wouldn't let my job define me, but then yet when it's taken away from me i feel completely lost. 'free', i suppose, is probably the better word to use here, as i've been told about 60 times this evening, but we're not at that stage yet.

although on the plus side, it means we will be updating loveandcyanide more frequently in the weeks to come.



6 comments:

soulspeak23 said...

hey there. sorry about the layoff. And it's probably not so much your job but your routine that is so messed up. You've just had a giant monkey wrench thrown in and it doesn't quite feel right. I know how it is. Good luck finding something new and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tim said...

Oh, dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're OK, and have no doubt that someone with your talents will go on to bigger and better things.

Chin up!

missyandchrissy said...

ss23 - thank you so much! and you're right, i definitely think it's the giant hole in my usual routine that is making me so nuts right now.

tim - thank you so much! i'm keeping my little chin up as high as i possibly can.

inthemiddle said...

beautifully human post chrissy. i gotta say, my mind is still absolutely boggled. meh.

missyandchrissy said...

thank you, itm.

and thank you for all the help! and the unlimited huggles!

sakset.s said...

It is very well designed. Thanks for sharing.