Thursday, February 28, 2008

new excuses for not picking up your phone.

my father called me earlier, which isn't too surprising as he left me a message last night and i never called him back, and when that happens then typically missy or i receive a call the next morning to make sure we're alive and well.

my father's phonecalls, as i'm pretty sure we have mentioned before, while made out of care and concern (and while we laugh/complain to each other about them, we know we're lucky to have this and do truly appreciate this) usually are somewhat pointless/ridiculous. his small talk kind of fascinates me, as in a 5-minute conversation to find out how his daughter is, he'll never once actually ask me how i am. i complained about that fact to him last week, and still, these were today's topics during our brief chat:

1. how cold it is today. (ok, a pretty standard parental concern, that you're dressing warmly...although i am a functioning adult, on the verge of 28 years old)

2. my thoughts on/general speculation about whether or not missy knew it would be so cold out today, and if she dressed for such cold. (considering i did not see missy this morning, something he was aware of, nor am i missy or inside missy's head, i had no response for this one)

3. valerie bertinelli. (i gave up)

No comments: