Tuesday, March 20, 2007

molto moisture.

sometimes i think i'm above directions. i just assume i know how to handle the new product i am in possession of, with nary a thought as to whether or not i'm actually using it properly.

---------------

so in my apparent quest to reach the pinnacle of my old-lady dorkery before i am even 30, i requested - and received - a humidifier for my birthday. i finally decided to put it into use yesterday, having fallen ill with yet another respiratory-esque illness. (instead of the weather/shoddy air quality of my office, the blame this time falls squarely on the shoulders of recently flu-ridden Missy, and her carrier-monkey, Bear, who i'm sure collects her germs on his fuzzy little person and then lets them loose all over our couches to infect me). so deciding now was as good a time as ever to see what exactly this humidifier could do for my misbehaving sinuses, last night i filled up the canister, plugged the sucker in, and cranked it up to the highest level.

i awoke this morning to conditions similar to those found in the rainforest exhibit at your local zoo. turning off the 'difier (sounds more bad-assey that way, doesn't it?), i discovered the windowsill on which i had perched it was absolutely soaking wet. as were my blinds. and the window was all fogged up. and funny, but the floor felt sort of damp. turning on my light and taking a look around my room, i spied lines of moisture running down my walls. this was slightly disturbing. do walls sweat?

upon mopping up my room and reading the directions, i learned that maybe i shouldn't have put the 'difier on high. and if i did so, i should have left my bedroom door open. oops.

so i may have warped the floorboards, but at least i'm breathing better.




No comments: