Wednesday, March 29, 2006

whats new pussycat?

Having had to spend the night at my parents yesterday, I had the pleasure of partaking in activities that do not usually occur in my own abode. like watching the local news. the 10pm news never fails to entertain me, what with the completely ridiculous stories they choose to report on, so yesterday's broadcast did not disappoint. The highlight: The tale (heh) of Lewis the cat, who has been terrorizing his CT neighborhood to such an extent that a restraining order was issued against him. A restraining order against a cat. My highly imaginative brain couldn't have even come up with something so wonderful. so being the badass feline he is, louie violated the order, causing his owner to be arrested and him to be put on house arrest (and prozac. since god forbid some species is left out of the ol' SSRI craze). awesome. the long camera shots of louie looking pissily out the sliding doors and the exclusive interview with his distraught owner (who's life is now ruined, as she has to be careful when she enters and exits her house as to not let the cat escape) just added to the lunacy. I love that I can watch the news and not have to get depressed over the state of the world, but instead roll off the couch with laughter.

A non laughing matter is that missy and I have discovered that our extended family hates us. I know, you must be as shocked and appalled about it as we are. Who could hate us?! (well, I know offhand of 3 people who do, but that's neither here nor there) so apparently our cousins do. cousin orville (names changed to protect the innocent) is having an engagement party, and only our parents were invited! we were devastated. Isn't orville aware how much we love wearing party frocks? I told missy this sort of ex-communication would occur when she busted out with the hard liquor drinks at our aunt's brunchtime wedding reception two years ago, but did she heed my warning? Of course not.

but to end this on a happy note -- yet another aging popstar was knighted today...tom jones! i believe it must have been the song "sex bomb" that led her majesty to consider him worthy of the honorific title sir.

No comments: